Hello and Welcome!

I am, and always have been, a notoriously bad blogger. But I'm back to give it another try, one more time.

I seem to have rediscovered my "pep" in recent times, and I'm ready to try some new things, and get back into the things that matter to me... at this stage, this chiefly involves getting fit and losing weight (again!)




Sunday, May 19, 2013

12WBT: Days 4 - 7

OK, I am officially giving up on the notion that I'm going to put up a daily post. I don't have the time to fit everything in, and I'd rather spend the time training and making healthy food than writing about why I didn't have time to do that! So the posts might be spasmodic, but they'll be here.

Training days 4 - 7

I did a weights session on Thursday, based on the gym machines program on 12WBT, intermediate level. I did pretty much everything at the top end of the weight recommendation, and wasn't really challenged all that much. I'm not strong enough for the advanced program though, so I'll just try to follow the program and adjust the weights according to my ability as I go along. I also didn't do the "final blast", which called for over bench jumps for a minute or two. I know I should just get over myself, but I feel like a knob doing that kind of stuff in the weights area with all the muscle men staring at you quizzically. I'd rather just use a cardio machine for the last ditch effort. Which in retrospect would have been a better option than just skipping it all together. Idiot. Righto, we live and learn.

Thursday night I went to trampoline training, bounced a little, didn't do a lot. I'm lacking a bit of motivation on that front just now. It'll be back.

Friday - rest day. Tired. Sore. Plus I had plans for the scheduled Sunday rest day, so I just brought it forward. The sleep in was lovely too.

Saturday - it was trampoline competition day and I needed to be at the club at 8:30 to coach little shits (sorry, I mean children, but they really are horrors in that class), then straight to the comp for the next 10 hours or so. I sucked up the early start and was waiting outside the gym for 7am opening. The Super Saturday Session "60 second screamer" intermediate KICKED MY ARSE. Man was that hard. It was a circuit style setup, 60 seconds on each exercise, a mixture of strength and cardio moves. I wish my HRM was working, because it would have been interesting to see what my heart rate was doing, I spent half the session feeling like I was going to spew. It's pretty much the same program for the following Saturday, so it will be interesting to see how I fare next time around.

The trampoline competition itself was exhausting. I was on the go from 11am when I got there until I baled at 7:30pm. I did a few quick routines (2nd place in level 5 synchro, woo), but otherwise it was just running around after junior competitors, coaching, supporting, all the usual guff. I felt like death on legs by the end of that.

Sunday I dragged my sorry butt out of bed early-ish, and rode 15km to the gym, did a step class, then road 15km home. Getting started was a challenge, but once I got moving it was great. My ride confidence is back, I felt pretty strong and reasonably fast, and my legs held up (although a little shakily) through step as well. I was completely shagged when I got home though, spent an hour or so on the couch, which then put me behind schedule for all the crap I needed to do for the day. I'm hoping for some higher energy levels for the week ahead.

Nutrition days 4 - 7

My food has been pretty good, actually continuing a bit under the 1,200 calories which is bizarre. I'm still battling with the "saving snacks for after dinner when I'm a gobble monster" syndrome, and will continue to work on that. But the really great news is that I have not had any blow outs at all, and feel in control for the most part. I did have a brief incident on Sunday while I was cooking up food for the week ahead... I was using peanut butter, which I rarely have in the house, because me, a spoon and a jar of PB get on REAL well together. I started digging in and could feel myself losing control, but in a moment of strength and absolute pride, I managed to stop at a couple of teaspoons, put the jar away and went for a wander outside with a drink to get me away from the kitchen, the temptation and the mania that was about to follow. That was hard, but I'm truly impressed that I managed to stop. Every time I catch myself and correct my behaviour is going to make me stronger. I can't wait for the day when I can sit unaccompanied in a room with a block of chocolate and be trusted not to hoover the whole thing.

Overall sentiments

I'm really pleased with the first week down. It's been a loooooong time since I've stuck to a nutrition and training plan, and I'm proud of my efforts. It hasn't been easy, but it hasn't been as hard as I anticipated either. Having your head in the right space is a beautiful thing. I was checking myself out in the mirror doing pump this morning (as you do), and I can sense some trimming down. It's minor after only one week, but my torso looks less lumpy, my face less puffy, and my collarbones are not so far below the surface. I'm going to focus on these things and feel good about myself, regardless of what the scales say on weigh in day this week. Hopefully the scale will be kind, but I won't be surprised if it's not. At the end of the day, what I weigh doesn't matter a bit. My size and what I'm physically capable of doing is what's important, and I need to stay focused on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment