Hello and Welcome!

I am, and always have been, a notoriously bad blogger. But I'm back to give it another try, one more time.

I seem to have rediscovered my "pep" in recent times, and I'm ready to try some new things, and get back into the things that matter to me... at this stage, this chiefly involves getting fit and losing weight (again!)




Monday, May 13, 2013

12WBT: Day 1

So, I've joined the 12 week body transformation. Again. I was signed up for round 1 and did virtually nothing with it, so I'm trying again with my head in a better space and less life stuff to get in the way (last round I went on 3 business trips, a holiday to Bali and a girls trip to Victor Harbor within the first 5 weeks... it was somewhat less than ideal).

I haven't blogged in a WHOLE YEAR, mainly because I've been struggling along, and I haven't had a whole lot to say. This plan too may yet fall over, but lets try it out and see what happens.

The 12WBT is obviously a 12 week program, which bases itself on eating 1200 calories a day and doing a crap load of exercise. On the whole, the crap load of exercise I can deal with, as always it's the food side where I tend to fall over. The key to overcoming this, for me, is going to be organisation. Setting up a plan a week in advance, cooking all the food I need for the week (and factoring in the meals I have away from home/work), and sticking to the plan. My plan for week 1 is on my fridge, the idea being that when I go hunting for food off the plan, I'll look at it and feel guilty, and step away from the fridge! If I have to go to the extreme of putting up my very unattractive undies "before" picture on the fridge as well I will... and try very hard to take it down before some poor unsuspecting visitor is subjected to that sight :)

The program started yesterday, and I'm away with a bang. I want to try to keep this blog as a record for myself more than anything, of the progress I'm making as I go along. I've got plans and calorie diaries and the like for recording the food intake, the weight loss, and the broad plan of the exercise, but I don't have anywhere to record the improvements in my fitness, strength etc, and how I'm actually "feeling". So this is it.

Day 1: Strength (well actually it was supposed to be a cardio day, but in typical Me fashion I'm changing that around. I need to suit the gym timetable and my other Life Factors. As long as I get the sessions in somewhere in the week, which day they fall on isn't going to matter). Anyway, I digress.

Day 1: Strength
Pump class

I tried to go low on weights for my first return to any weight training in a few months, because I know the muscles are going to protest, even with a light weight. The squats weight will be able to move up quite quickly once I'm back into the habit of weight training.

Squats: 5kg
Chest: 5kg
Back: 5kg
Triceps: No bar work - dips, 2.5kg extensions, baby tricep pushups
Biceps: 5kg
Lunges: 5kg plates (no bar)
Shoulders: 2 x 2.5kg plates, 5kg bar to finish, knee pushups (36 all up)
Abs: no weight

Everything held up well during the class, squats felt comfortable, lunges were hard! Arms, chest and legs are all sore today, so I think it was a good call to go light for starters.

Day 1 food: Dead on plan, I even skipped a snack because I wasn't ravenous. Calories 1060 for the day, which is a touch low, but will rise when the initial shine of a new program has worn off. I was battling not eating in the late morning and most of the afternoon, but it was boredom not hunger, so I stayed strong (it's a miracle!)

A good start for day 1. Bring on a good day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment