Hello and Welcome!

I am, and always have been, a notoriously bad blogger. But I'm back to give it another try, one more time.

I seem to have rediscovered my "pep" in recent times, and I'm ready to try some new things, and get back into the things that matter to me... at this stage, this chiefly involves getting fit and losing weight (again!)




Thursday, May 16, 2013

12WBT: Day 2

Two days in and I'm already behind on blog posts, that can't be a good sign. The good news is that I am 100% on the plan, I've just had a frantic time at work, and if something has to give for a while, better to make it the blog than the nutrition and training plan!

Day 2 Food - 1,122 calories. I ate my planned boiled egg and piece of toast for breakfast, chicken noodle soup for lunch, and leftover shepherd's pie for dinner. I had a case of the munchies in the afternoon which I managed to get past with drinking some more water, and then made it through the day snack-free. It's a trap I have fallen into in the past, and want to be careful of now - I save calories for night time in case I'm hungry after dinner, but that encourages me to eat late at night which isn't ideal. I had a plain wrap and a glass of milk before bed, which isn't terrible, but I'd be better off with it earlier in the day. Overall the calories were good, and it's only day 2 and a continual learning process (however many times I've travelled this road before).

Exercise
It was raining and cold when my alarm went off, and I ummed and ahhed about what I was going to do. I was pretty set on going to the gym and using some cardio equipment, but by the time I drove to the gym the rain had abated and I decided to suck it up and go for an outdoor run. I always put off my "first run" after a break, because I know it freaking hurts (maybe I should stop quitting? There's a winning idea...) Well it did hurt, but not as much as I had imagined. I didn't push too hard, but hard enough that my legs and lungs knew they were working. 5km 31:41... a little slow, and I would expect that to pick up fairly quickly. I hope.

In the evening, I hit the gym for my favourite Freestyle step class. I spend the whole time concentrating on what my feet are doing, or supposed to be doing, given I'm not 100% the most coordinated person on the planet. That distracts me from the fact that I'm actually working pretty damn hard, which is awesome.

In summary, a very good, solid day 2 on the program. I feel focussed and not deprived, and like my head is in the right place at last. I like that feeling.

1 comment: