Hello and Welcome!

I am, and always have been, a notoriously bad blogger. But I'm back to give it another try, one more time.

I seem to have rediscovered my "pep" in recent times, and I'm ready to try some new things, and get back into the things that matter to me... at this stage, this chiefly involves getting fit and losing weight (again!)




Friday, May 24, 2013

12WBT: Days 10, 11, 12

Well here we are, closing in on 2 weeks down, and I am still firmly on track... which makes me very happy and very proud of myself.

This week has been a struggle the whole way through. I've been lacking energy for training sessions, feeling hungry and/or focussing on food more than is healthy, and generally just been feeling a bit cantankerous. I am determined to push through it though, because I know it will be worth it. I'm going to try to get some good sleep in over the weekend, find a bit of time to chill, and keep on keeping on. My mind and body will catch up to the new program and accept it for what it is, eventually. I just hope that's sooner rather than later.

Training day 10 - pump in the morning, squat weights went up to 10kg, everything else stayed the same I think? Felt pretty good, I think squats can continue to go up slowly. Trampolining in the evening, just a light session, the gym was full of nutty people and I was beyond exhausted.

Training day 11 - cardio gym session in the morning, and man did that test me out. I'm notoriously crap at running on a treadmill, I find it a whole lot harder than running outside. I'm running about 9.5km/hour ish outside, but I set the treadmill for 18 minutes on 9km at 1% and I was struggling big time. After 2 minutes I was struggling, ridiculous. After that 18 minutes of joy, I did a 10 minute hill HIIT program, which has a total of 4 minutes walking, 2 minutes resting and 4 minutes running (walk to start, then 30 seconds on 15 seconds off at 10km/hour, with the incline rising from 5% gradually to 11%). I felt like I was going to vomit, that was soooooo hard. I stopped 15 seconds short, which is just ridiculous, but I physically could not finish that last interval. Clearly some work to be done here.

Day 11 PM was another tramp session, I was still lacking the power I needed to do anything too advanced, so I did some drills, some double mini and tumbling. A good workout without pushing too far. I'm slightly terrified about elite squad training on Saturday, because the elite coach just doesn't accept "tired" and "hungry" as an excuse for not doing double back somersaults. Help.

Day 12, a blissful day of rest. My body isn't actually very sore, it just feels a bit worn out and lacking energy. Hopefully it will be restored to full vim and vigour for the big Saturday sessions.

Food - rockstar performances. Still saving calories for late in the day, and still struggling to sort out a healthy eating pattern on nights when I'm at the trampoline club and not home until 9:30. And several battles of the hungries have been fought and won. I hope it's not always this much of a struggle. Maybe week 2 is sent to test us, and then things will settle down. I truly truly hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment