Hello and Welcome!

I am, and always have been, a notoriously bad blogger. But I'm back to give it another try, one more time.

I seem to have rediscovered my "pep" in recent times, and I'm ready to try some new things, and get back into the things that matter to me... at this stage, this chiefly involves getting fit and losing weight (again!)




Thursday, May 16, 2013

12WBT: Day 3

Running two posts together here, but that's life.

Food day 3: 958 calories
OK, I need better organisation next week. With my exercise plans and late arrival home, I need to plan a dinner that's not too big and heavy. I didn't eat dinner before I left work (I had a yoghurt to tide me over), and when I got home at 9:15, I didn't want to eat a big plate of something, so I had a wrap and a bag of steamed veggies. That in itself is OK, but I'm going to set myself up to binge if I don't eat at a more reasonable level I think. Next week I'll try to split my dinner into two halves and eat one before leaving work and one after.

Exercise:
Despite the rainy morning and sore legs, I sucked it up and jumped on my bike to ride the 15km-ish to work. It was cold to start, and the feel of the water flicking off the road onto your butt is truly gross, but once I got moving it was a good ride. I had a shocking ride last week where I nearly fell off about 3 times, and had completely lost my confidence in using the cleat pedals (I'm a novice you see). I was still a bit tentative to start with, but I felt better and more relaxed as I went along.

Naturally enough, I also rode home from work - via the trampoline club for an hour or two for some coaching. I left the club about 8:40, so it was probably the latest I have ever ridden home, but it was fine. Cold and wet, but fine. I was happy to get home though.

Overall, another very strong day on the program for me. I did battle some hunger during the day, and in retrospect I should have had something to eat! I'm also a bit tired and a bit sore, but I'm sure that will ease as my mind and body catch up with the new regime.

No comments:

Post a Comment