Hello and Welcome!

I am, and always have been, a notoriously bad blogger. But I'm back to give it another try, one more time.

I seem to have rediscovered my "pep" in recent times, and I'm ready to try some new things, and get back into the things that matter to me... at this stage, this chiefly involves getting fit and losing weight (again!)




Sunday, September 19, 2010

The weekend roundup

It's been another busy weekend, and I don't think I've achieved half the things I wanted to. Having said that, I have long ago accepted that things come up, things take longer than expected, and sometimes I just need to take some down time and not be productive at all.

So... the house hasn't been cleaned, the pantry hasn't been sorted, I didn't touch the work I brought home to do, and I didn't get to the gym. However, I did achieve the following:
  • got a great day's shopping in with mum on Saturday
  • I found the perfect little corner stand for my iPod docking station in the dining room (and have constructed it)
  • I cooked an absolutely delicious spinach, mushroom and chicken frittata, with 2 serves left for evening meals this week
  • I bought 8 new plants and have put them in the front garden
  • I did all my weeding and fertilising in the front and back garden, and the front is starting to look really nice, I'm proud of it - for someone with no gardening expertise whatsoever
  • I ate well all weekend, not going over calories at all, and did stay pretty active despite not doing any dedicated "exercise" as such

I had planned to colour my hair tonight, but I'm pretty comfy on the couch in front of X Factor and Junior Masterchef right now, so it looks like that's going to be put off for another day. I think it's time to go a bit lighter with the hair, now that the warmer weather is just around the corner.

Now for some week-ahead planning. It's time to try out the new gym and get into a couple of classes. Here's the exercise plan for the week ahead:

  • Monday - run in the morning, freestyle gym in the evening
  • Tuesday - circuit class in the morning, body bar in the evening
  • Wednesday - day off (going out to dinner with family)
  • Thursday - circuit class in the morning, might take the evening off? We'll see
  • Friday - run in the morning, out with friends for the evening

I won't try and forecast the weekend at this stage, it tends to be pretty unpredictable these days. If I can drag my butt out of bed 4 days this week, I'll be a happy camper. I have signed up for boot-ee camp starting 25th October, so I need to be prepared for some early starts by the time that comes around (and I need to be a whole lot fitter and stronger too, so they don't kill me on the track!)

I'm going to sign off with some weekly goals, an idea I am unabashedly stealing from some other friendly bloggers :o)

  1. Eat well - eat at a good calorie level, not too high, but not too low either. I've been undereating a bit recently.
  2. Stick to my exercise plan
  3. Be focussed and productive at work, stop wasting time and just get it done
  4. Get at least 7 hours sleep every night
  5. Spend less time on the internet, more time on other forms of entertainment. I need to read again, something other than facebook and forums.

1 comment:

  1. It's a good idea to have the goals in writing. It makes it easier to see a reason to get them done once people read them!!

    Tell you what, your schedule is pretty hard core. I try to schedule my rests on weeknights so I can have a sloth night, so I don't feel so damn busy all week. Much more time to get things done on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete