So... the house hasn't been cleaned, the pantry hasn't been sorted, I didn't touch the work I brought home to do, and I didn't get to the gym. However, I did achieve the following:
- got a great day's shopping in with mum on Saturday
- I found the perfect little corner stand for my iPod docking station in the dining room (and have constructed it)
- I cooked an absolutely delicious spinach, mushroom and chicken frittata, with 2 serves left for evening meals this week
- I bought 8 new plants and have put them in the front garden
- I did all my weeding and fertilising in the front and back garden, and the front is starting to look really nice, I'm proud of it - for someone with no gardening expertise whatsoever
- I ate well all weekend, not going over calories at all, and did stay pretty active despite not doing any dedicated "exercise" as such
I had planned to colour my hair tonight, but I'm pretty comfy on the couch in front of X Factor and Junior Masterchef right now, so it looks like that's going to be put off for another day. I think it's time to go a bit lighter with the hair, now that the warmer weather is just around the corner.
Now for some week-ahead planning. It's time to try out the new gym and get into a couple of classes. Here's the exercise plan for the week ahead:
- Monday - run in the morning, freestyle gym in the evening
- Tuesday - circuit class in the morning, body bar in the evening
- Wednesday - day off (going out to dinner with family)
- Thursday - circuit class in the morning, might take the evening off? We'll see
- Friday - run in the morning, out with friends for the evening
I won't try and forecast the weekend at this stage, it tends to be pretty unpredictable these days. If I can drag my butt out of bed 4 days this week, I'll be a happy camper. I have signed up for boot-ee camp starting 25th October, so I need to be prepared for some early starts by the time that comes around (and I need to be a whole lot fitter and stronger too, so they don't kill me on the track!)
I'm going to sign off with some weekly goals, an idea I am unabashedly stealing from some other friendly bloggers :o)
- Eat well - eat at a good calorie level, not too high, but not too low either. I've been undereating a bit recently.
- Stick to my exercise plan
- Be focussed and productive at work, stop wasting time and just get it done
- Get at least 7 hours sleep every night
- Spend less time on the internet, more time on other forms of entertainment. I need to read again, something other than facebook and forums.