Hello and Welcome!

I am, and always have been, a notoriously bad blogger. But I'm back to give it another try, one more time.

I seem to have rediscovered my "pep" in recent times, and I'm ready to try some new things, and get back into the things that matter to me... at this stage, this chiefly involves getting fit and losing weight (again!)




Monday, September 27, 2010

Things I have learnt today

  1. Never bring home a barbecued chicken when you're famished. It smells and tastes way too good.
  2. A step class from 2 days ago can have a real lasting impact on your calf muscles.
  3. Deep heat is a friend to my calf muscles.
  4. Shoes with heels are not a friend to my calf muscles.
  5. The calf muscles ease up when they get warm, or when your attention is distracted by other pain. You know, like when you can't breathe running up a hill. Suck it up and work through it.

As you may have gathered, I've eaten too much tonight. However, I went for a run this morning (and increased the pace and distance - 4.5km at an average 9.2km/h, so that was great. I also went to a cardio box class tonight. It was the first time it was offered on the program, so there was a lot of technique and introductory stuff, but it was still a big workout. I wouldn't say that I loved it, the instructor is a bit of a bitch, but I'll give it another go before I write it off.

I had a really crap day at work, not that anything went wrong, just that I didn't really do anything. I have seriously got to find my work mojo, stuff is piling up around my ears. Here's to getting in to that damn big project tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the follow!

    Use the Bitch instructor as motivation -- pretend you are smashing her face ... haha!

    Try ice on calf's ... heat will only make it worse. It will feel good when you are heating but it cause swelling and the soreness/lactic acid will be enhanced. If you are really sore try and ice bath for 5-10 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nawww, I read Jeff's blog all the time and he doesn't follow me.
    Jealous.

    But, secondly... there could haev been worse things that you could have eaten. Like a packet of chocolate biscuits, lol.
    Well done on the run, I wish I was that fast!!
    Also, bad for the calf muscles (for me anyway) was spin last night. Eeek.

    And the smell of deep heat is awesome... except when you make your whole office smell like it!!

    ReplyDelete