Hello and Welcome!

I am, and always have been, a notoriously bad blogger. But I'm back to give it another try, one more time.

I seem to have rediscovered my "pep" in recent times, and I'm ready to try some new things, and get back into the things that matter to me... at this stage, this chiefly involves getting fit and losing weight (again!)




Thursday, June 6, 2013

12WBT: Days 24, 25, 26

Man this has been a long week. I am soooooo tired, I really just want to sleep, sleep and sleep some more.

Wednesday (day 24) - early morning pump class, same weights as Monday, challenging but manageable.

I was supposed to have freestyle trampoline training on Wednesday night, but I wasn't well at all. I went to the club and coached intermediates, and at the end of the session had a temporal lobe seizure. I have a mild-ish form of epilepsy which is largely controlled as long as I look after myself, particularly with getting enough sleep. I have been sleeping a decent amount (7 hours or thereabouts a night), so I'm not sure what brought this one on, but it's not pleasant. I waited long enough for the symptoms to subside (stopped seeing spots in front of my eyes, hearing something like the ocean crashing in the background), and then drove myself home to rest. I had my dinner, but still had this weird "empty" feeling, so I had a bad night on the eating front. I ended up at 1,600 calories with some peanut butter on crackers, a protein shake and a bar of Atkins chocolate. It was more food than I needed and I should have stopped, so I am disappointed on that front. On the flip side, I didn't eat the whole jar of peanut butter, or the whole box of Atkins bars, and 1,600 calories isn't a disaster, so I'm owning it, feeling pleased that I'm making progress with controlling my compulsive eating, and moving on.

Thursday (day 25) - my planned fitness test and gym cardio for the morning didn't proceed as planned. I still felt tired and had a headache from the seizure, so I decided to give myself a temporary break, and defer the session to Friday. This isn't super ideal because I'm not having a full rest day, but Wednesday morning to Thursday night is pretty much a rest day, right?

By Thursday night I was feeling OK, if still a little tired, so I went to trampoline training. I did pretty well, did some nice double backs and 1 3/4 fronts, but freaked myself out on the damn rudi again. I'm a little frustrated that I don't seem to be making much progress at the moment, but trampolining is like that sometimes.

Friday (day 26) - the fitness test day. I don't know what it is, but I sleep horribly the night before I'm going to run in the morning. For goodness sakes, I was only running a 1km time trial, but I just DREAD it in advance. I love to be able to run, but I physically hate doing it. Suck it up Princess.

Fitness test results;

1km time trial - 5:25. I struggle over 1km to pace myself. In retrospect I should have gone out harder, hopefully I will improve this time when I do it again in 4 weeks.

1 minute push ups on knees - 38

Plank hold - 1:40

Wall sit - 1:10 (I've done better than this, I think my legs are fatigued. I hate static hold exercises though).

Sit and reach test  + 18cm

Not too bad. Everything other than the wall sit now puts me in the "advanced" category on the 12WBT scale, but I'm going to stay with the intermediate program, because I feel like it's challenging me enough, and I'm only following it loosely anyway. I feel like I need to be lighter to be able to follow the Advanced Lean & Fit program, I just don't have the strength to do multiple reps of push ups on my toes etc, but with training and with a reducing in the weight I'm pushing up and down, I'm quietly confident this will happen with time.

On the food front, Wednesday was a bit of a mess as I said, Thursday was stellar, I wasn't suffering from hunger pangs at all and I ended up way under at about 980 calories. Not something I would do repeatedly, but given it followed a high day, on the law of averages it will even out. Friday is still a work in progress, but I've been hungry all day which is annoying (I'm also bored, so I'm trying hard to differentiate the signals). I will keep fighting the good fight, and hopefully go to bed early to avoid late night munchies. I have a big day planned for Saturday anyway (elite squad training with the Olympic coach, eek, gym session and then a leisurely bike ride with a friend), so an early night is definitely in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment