Hello and Welcome!

I am, and always have been, a notoriously bad blogger. But I'm back to give it another try, one more time.

I seem to have rediscovered my "pep" in recent times, and I'm ready to try some new things, and get back into the things that matter to me... at this stage, this chiefly involves getting fit and losing weight (again!)




Tuesday, June 4, 2013

12WBT - Days 22, 23

Another week already...

Monday's start with a pump class, and the weights went up for most muscle groups this week:

Warmup  5kg
Squats  17.5kg
Chest  10kg
Back  10kg
Triceps  7.5kg
Biceps  7.5kg
Lunges  mostly body weight, lots of the little suckers though
Shoulders  5kg

I will probably be at this level for a little while, because it is definitely challenging me. The squats might go to 20kg fairly soon, but I don't think I'm ready to move further on any of the others. My shoulders never seem to improve which is a bit depressing. I've got really broad shoulders which look like they should be strong, apparently not!

Tuesday (day 23) AM - 5km run. Awesome run... well actually it hurt a lot, but an awesome time (for me anyway), 29:03, hooray! Nearly 1:30 off last week's time. My heart rate got to 170 for the final stretch, which is damn high for me with my ridiculously low resting rate of 38 and I felt a little bit like I was going to throw up, but I made it. I'm now at a bit of a cross roads about whether I keep working on speed over 5km or whether I start to add some distance. Part of me wants to do the City to Bay in September, which is 12km and would require some distance training. Another part of me doesn't want to get up any earlier for distance training haha. We will see what the ensuing weeks bring.

Tuesday PM - step class, with a little run to and from the gym as a result of parking down the hill again. I reallllly struggled in this class for some reason. I had my step at high and was doing higher impact moves, I think I might have gone too hard too early. My shirt looked like I had jumped in a pool, I was completely soaked. My legs were also struggling in some of the moves, so I guess the harder work in pump and a fast run had taken it out of me. Oh well, some days you're feeling it, some days you're not, the important thing is to just push through it anyway. And that I did.

Nutrition wise, things are still going strong. This week's recipes (of which I've only tried a couple, but there are more pre made and awaiting eating) are heaps better than last weeks. I had the weirdest lunch for Monday and Tuesday, I was quite apprehensive about it, but it was amazing, I loved it... 3 small rice cakes with 15g peanut butter, 1.5 boiled eggs mashed with a dash of curry powder, topped with grated carrot and sliced cucumber. Sounds odd, tastes sensational. I could do without all the idiots at work analysing what I'm eating though. Seriously, bugger off, it's none of your business.

Today is weigh in day, and I can report another 1kg has bitten the dust. It is also mini milestone week, meaning you redo your measurements (and fitness test, but I haven't done that yet) to see how much size you've lost. On the 12WBT measurement list (which to be honest I find a bit odd, because you only measure one thigh and one arm, but there you go) I've lost 20cm in 4 weeks. That's pretty awesome. Only 3cm off my waist which is annoying but typical for me, but 6cm off my thigh. 6cm! That's bloody heaps!

Onwards and downwards we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment