Hello and Welcome!

I am, and always have been, a notoriously bad blogger. But I'm back to give it another try, one more time.

I seem to have rediscovered my "pep" in recent times, and I'm ready to try some new things, and get back into the things that matter to me... at this stage, this chiefly involves getting fit and losing weight (again!)




Wednesday, January 4, 2012

So far so good

Here we are on day 4 of OFB, and it's all so far so good. Eating has been very controlled, not a single piece of chocolate has passed my lips. And I actually have some in the house. I also have chips and cookies. I'm not eating any of it. Excuse me while I go and have a pride moment.

OK, I'm back now. Thanks for waiting.

Exercise wise is all good too. Monday I went for a run and did some upper body weight work (ouch). Tuesday I did a walk up a hill and a jog back down in the morning (about 4km all up). On Tuesday night I needed some distraction, and I did something that even surprised me... I went to a Sh'bam class. It's dancey, very dancey. And I'm seriously devoid of coordination and rhythm. I'm sure the look of me trying to dance and gyrate along with the rest of the class would have been truly horrendous on the eye. But you know what, I don't care. I didn't know anyone in the class, and I'm not there for looks. It was a great workout - my heart rate was up in the 170's and I burnt 520 calories in 45 minutes, which is more than I do running - and it was actually kind of fun. There had to be something good that came out of me hitting my 30's, I am now very much less interested in what other people think about me and the way I look. This journey is about me, and if I look stupid along the way, so be it!

Wednesday became a rest day, because weeks (or perhaps months) of inactivity followed by a sudden burst of energy took it's toll on my poor legs. But I was back into it this morning, clocking up a 4.5km run, albeit quite slow and painful. Tonight I'll hit the gym for another weights workout I think.

I took some measurements this morning, as I sometimes find that a more useful measurement than weight, especially when I'm doing some strength training. I also downloaded the old CK data from my weight loss in 2007/08, which was interesting. I'm now 90-point-something kg. I have measurements from when I was 89.5kg in November 2007 - my measurements now are 1cm larger hips, 2cm larger chest, same on thighs, but 6cm larger waist. Damn it, I knew I was spongier than my previous 90kg self. I hope this means that the weight will leave my waist first... But I somehow doubt it! Ideally I would like to take 15cm off my chest, hips and waist, and 10cm off my thighs. That's a whole lot of fat. Ah well, we'll get there, one step at a time.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing so great! Keep on moving. :)

    As for the measurements, they will come down quick enough. Looking forward to seeing your numbers drop.

    ReplyDelete