Hello and Welcome!

I am, and always have been, a notoriously bad blogger. But I'm back to give it another try, one more time.

I seem to have rediscovered my "pep" in recent times, and I'm ready to try some new things, and get back into the things that matter to me... at this stage, this chiefly involves getting fit and losing weight (again!)




Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy Monday

Happy Monday everybody! I guess you don't hear that a lot. More Happy Friday's than Happy Monday's.

But today is Happy Monday for me, because I had my first weigh in for the new year, and I'm 1.8kg down for the week. If only that rate of loss would maintain, I'd be done and dusted within 3 months! Alas I am more of a realist than that, but it's still an awesome start and I'm pumped. My work pants also feel looser, and I feel better about myself... and that's what it's all about after all.

The recap for the last week - well, I under-ate really. That's rare for me because I have an elephant appetite. But I'm not concerned about it, because I ate enough to feed an entire herd over Christmas, so a week on the low side is not going to do me any damage. I imagine that will start to even out over the next week or two.

On the exercise front, it was a good lead in week I think. My body is still pretty sore and achey from it all, but I'm going to push through and see how much I can do this week. No pain, no gain after all! Last week I got in 3 runs, 2 weights sessions, 1 Sh'bam class and 1 Body Attack class, for a grand total of 2,750 calories burnt or there abouts.

This weeks plan looks a little like this:

Monday: 30 minute run/weights session
Tuesday: Step and Sh'bam
Wednesday: Weights session
Thursday: 30 minute run/weights session
Friday: 30 minute run
Saturday: Body Attack

I'll keep you posted on the progress. The first run is done and dusted at least :)

No comments:

Post a Comment