No proper post from me today. I don't have much to say. Everything is going well in diet & weight loss world. I sneaky peeked the scales and they started with an 8 :-) I hope that holds out for official weigh in day Monday.
I found this article and it gave me a giggle. So I thought I'd share it...
1. A gym is not designed to make you feel instantly better
about yourself. If a gym wanted to make you feel instantly better about
yourself, it would be a bar.
2. Give yourself a goal. Maybe you want to lose 10 pounds.
Maybe you want to quarterback the New York Jets into the playoffs. But be
warned: Losing 10 pounds is hard.
3. Develop a gym routine. Try to go at least three times a
week. Do a mix of strength training and cardiovascular conditioning. After the
third week, stop carrying around that satchel of fresh-baked chocolate chip
4. No one in the history of gyms has ever lost a pound while
reading "The New Yorker" and slowly pedaling a recumbent bicycle. No one.
5. Bring your iPod. Don't borrow the disgusting gym
headphones, or use the sad plastic radio attachment on the treadmill, which
always sounds like it's playing Kenny Loggins from a sewer.
6. Don't fall for gimmicks. The only tried-and-true method
to lose 10 pounds in 48 hours is food poisoning.
7. Yes, every gym has an overenthusiastic spinning
instructor who hasn't bought a record since "Walking on Sunshine."
8. There's also the Strange Guy Who is Always at the Gym.
Just when you think he isn't here today...there he is, lurking by the
9. "Great job!" is trainer-speak for "It's not polite for me
to laugh at you."
10. Beware a hip gym with a Wilco step class.
11. Gyms have two types of members: Members who wipe down
the machines after using them, and the worst people in the universe.
12. Nope, that's not a "recovery energy bar with antioxidant
dark chocolate." That's a chocolate bar.
13. Avoid Unsolicited Advice Guy, who, for the small fee of
boring you to death, will explain the proper method for any exercise in 45
minutes or longer.
14. You can take 10 Minute Abs, 20 Minute Abs, and 30 Minute
Abs. There is also Stop Eating Pizza and Eating Sheet Cake Abs—but that's super
15. If you're motivated to buy an expensive home exercise
machine, consider a "wooden coat rack." It costs $40, uses no electricity and
does the exact same thing.
16. There's the yoga instructor everyone loves, and the yoga
instructor everyone hates. Memorize who they are.
17. If you see an indoor rock climbing wall, you're either
in a really cool gym or a romantic comedy starring Kate Hudson.
18. Be cautious about any class with the words "sunrise,"
"hell," or "Moby."
19. If a gym class is going to be effective, it's hard. If
you're relaxed and enjoying yourself, you're at brunch.
20. If you need to bring your children, just let them loose
in the silent meditation class. Nobody minds, and kids love candles.
21. Don't buy $150 sneakers, $100 yoga pants, and $4 water.
Muscle shirts are for people with muscles, and rhythm guitarists.
22. Fancy gyms can be seductive, but once you get past the
modern couches and fresh flowers and the water with lemon slices, you're
basically paying for a boutique hotel with B.O.
23. Everyone sees you secretly racing the old people in the
24. If you're at the point where you've bought biking shoes
for the spinning class, you may as well go ahead and buy an actual bike. It's
way more fun and it doesn't make you listen to C+C Music Factory.
25. Fact: Thinking about going to the gym burns between 0
and 0 calories.
26. A successful gym membership is like a marriage: If it's
good, you show up committed and ready for hard work. If it's not good, you show
up in sweatpants and watch a lot of bad TV.
27. There is no secret. Exercise and lay off the fries. The