Hello and Welcome!

I am, and always have been, a notoriously bad blogger. But I'm back to give it another try, one more time.

I seem to have rediscovered my "pep" in recent times, and I'm ready to try some new things, and get back into the things that matter to me... at this stage, this chiefly involves getting fit and losing weight (again!)




Saturday, January 21, 2012

Progress

Progress is being made on the fitness front. It's great. This week has been a bit all over the place in terms of exercise plans - working late, catch ups with friends and a couple of CBF moments meant things didn't go quite according to schedule. But the great thing is that I managed to move other stuff around and fit plenty of exercise in.

All up, I've done 3 runs, 1 weights set, a Sh'bam class, a Body Attack class, a bike ride and a walk. 6 hours 20 and 3,200 calories. Not bad!

I'm running a regular circuit which is just short of 5km for most of my runs, and my speed is slowly but surely increasing. I'm around the 9.7km/hour mark at the moment. On Friday I did a different route which was nearly 6km, and took 36:40 to complete. I certainly felt the increase in distance, but I handled it pretty well. In some respects I'm impatient to improve my speed and endurance, but on the other hand I'm quite happy with the progress I've made so far, given I've only been back into it for a few weeks.

I did my first bike ride in, well, months, today. A cycle commute to and from the gym. It was only 7km there, but there was 150m of ascent in there, the gym is waaay up the hill. I struggled big time on the way there, it's amazing how some forms of fitness (like running) can be feeling good, but something different is just plain painful. The way back was much much better, I found my "cycling legs" again I think. It did help that it was downhill overall of course, but I extended the route and did 12km up and down some hills to get the legs turning over. It will come back in time.

On a non-fitness related note, the exciting news of the week is that I've booked a solo trip to Bali for April. I've been to Bali many times, and I adore the place, but I've never done it alone. I am so ready to have some "me" time away from the demands and obligations of my daily existence, I cannot wait. In some respects I may end up getting a little lonely doing the trip alone, although I will undoubtedly meet people along the way (I'm staying at Kuta Townhouses, which is a largely Aussie haunt). But on the whole, I'm quite content in my own company, and I'm busy making plans for tours I might like to do, places I might like to shop, and massages I might like to have. You might here a bit about Bali in the next few months, it's occupying my thoughts somewhat :)

Happy Saturday everyone.

2 comments:

  1. You are ROCKING the running. Well done. :)

    And YAY for Bali. :) Can I come????

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I am going to Bali :P

    I tagged you in a post today, play along if you want :D

    ReplyDelete