Hello and Welcome!

I am, and always have been, a notoriously bad blogger. But I'm back to give it another try, one more time.

I seem to have rediscovered my "pep" in recent times, and I'm ready to try some new things, and get back into the things that matter to me... at this stage, this chiefly involves getting fit and losing weight (again!)




Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Evening update

I didn't quite get to the blog this morning, but I have an excuse. The internet was buggered at work this morning, and by the time it was fixed I had some other stuff that I had to do. You know, the stuff I actually get paid for doing at work.

Anyway, I have two significant things to report this evening:
  • I bought a fuel belt at Joggers World yesterday after I finished at the seminar. It cost $70 which kinda sucked, but I got the 4 bottle one and I can't wait to try it out for long run Saturday.
  • I ordered a Garmin 310XT today. This one's really exciting. I got a bargain too - I saw some recommendations for Highly Tuned Athletes on Cool Running forums, so I gave them a call. They had the 310 advertised for $429 on their website (RRP is $450), but they sold it to me for $399 including postage because of the Cool Running reference. I hate making those phone calls, but it's time to suck it up, because that's a decent saving. They're sending it express tomorrow so I should have it on Friday. Can't wait.

I gotta log on to work and get a couple of things sorted, so I'm over and out tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome news about the Garmin. I was going to wait until I went to the States next week to get one, but the price difference isn't that awesome. Might have to check out the site.

    Also a mini tip for the fuel belt, wash those little bottles out straight after your long run, particularly if you've had gatorade or similar in there. Manky bottles are much harder to clean. Though they do go in the dishwasher if you have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casie, when you get yours, take the quote to goldcross, they price match. A mate of mine just got one with the Heart rate strap for $350.

    And Meg, I want one of the fuel belts now too.
    Imma go buy one. You know, along with other crap that I need to survive winter, as I realised this morning on a really dark bike ride... I need lights!

    ReplyDelete