Hello and Welcome!

I am, and always have been, a notoriously bad blogger. But I'm back to give it another try, one more time.

I seem to have rediscovered my "pep" in recent times, and I'm ready to try some new things, and get back into the things that matter to me... at this stage, this chiefly involves getting fit and losing weight (again!)




Thursday, October 21, 2010

Slackness, then Cycling

Friday! Roll on weekend. It's gonna be a busy one, but at least it won't involve being locked up in this office. I seriously need to look at my work attitude at the moment, I couldn't give a rats about this place right now. The work is piling up around me, and I'm making holiday plans, training plans, writing blogs, doing anything other than being productive. Hmm, think I really need that holiday... 4 weeks to the day and counting.

So, Thursday - sloth. I woke up to my alarm and thought No Freaking Way am I getting out of bed right now. My upper body was caning (the increase in weights at Pump on Tuesday obviously had their effect), and the circuit just wasn't going to happen. So I went back to sleep and ended up being late. Meh. I also made myself slightly later by grabbing my HRM, putting it on and going back to bed to redo the fitness test. This came back with a reading of 40 ("good") instead of the 29 ("low") I got on the weekend, so that's better. My calorie burn this morning looks better too, so hopefully that's fixed the problem.

Thursday night I was planning on either doing the spin class at the gym, or doing a run from work. Given I was planning on cycling to work on Friday, I thought the spin class might be overkill, so I settled on the run. Got myself all changed and ready... then realised I'd left my sneakers at home. Dumb ass. So that was cancelled, and I went home and made dinner and watched Glee and The Good Wife instead. Really jacked that Alicia didn't hook up with Will by the way. Sorry about that tangent.

I made sure I was nice and organised last night, so this morning I was ready to hit the road. I haven't ridden Matilda (the road bike) for ages so I thought I would struggle. I did struggle on a few of the hills, but less than I thought I would - I did the 15km in about 40 minutes, including traffic lights etc, and I didn't die. My legs certainly felt it, and I know they're out of condition for cycling, but I'm sure I'll pick it up again in a reasonable time. Calorie burn was 430 for the ride, which is roughly what I would have expected - happy with that.

Now, for the weekend. It's going to be pretty busy with the home shows, dinner with a friend, markets, family amble, travel show and pug walk. Not sure that any dedicated exercise is going to fit in there. I'm half considering getting up early tomorrow morning to do a run before I head to mums to pick her up for the home shows. The other half of me is thinking about whether I'm going to want to get out of bed super early on a Saturday morning, and I think I have my answer. Barring devine intervention, I'm thinking my exercise total will be down this week.

Next week I'm starting bootcamp. I was looking forward to this until now - and now I'm just scared. They won't actually kill me right? It'll just feel like it at the time? Eeek. If I don't post next week, ring the hospitals, stat.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I am pretty sure they have laws against that, and they're medically trained. I think you'll be fine...

    And as for the run tomorrow morning... do it. I will be out there too, so if you are laying in bed feeling guilty, just think of my fat arse out running ten km... there's some inspiration for you :P

    ReplyDelete