Hello and Welcome!

I am, and always have been, a notoriously bad blogger. But I'm back to give it another try, one more time.

I seem to have rediscovered my "pep" in recent times, and I'm ready to try some new things, and get back into the things that matter to me... at this stage, this chiefly involves getting fit and losing weight (again!)




Tuesday, October 19, 2010

General life, general whinge, and hatred of HRMs

Hi ho, nothing much to update in my world, but I do fancy having a bit of a whinge, so here I am. Nobody in the non-online world wants to listen, so I might as well burden the blog community with my lunatic ravings.

My legs hurt. And my arms hurt. My back and chest do too. Let's just say I'm a ball of hurt today. The trouble is, I know it's going to get worse from here as the DOMS sets in from last night's pump class. Fortunately my legs weren't too sore when I first woke up this morning, or there's no way I would have gone out for a run. I'm still in that trying-to-talk-myself-out-of-everything mode at the moment. Nevertheless, I did go for a quick jog around the neighbourhood this morning, and I can now happily report that the remainder of today will be exercise free. Well I might take the weight-loss pug on a quick jaunt around the block if I get to mum's early enough for tea, but that doesn't really count.

I'm not entirely sure where my last blog left off, so hopefully I don't repeat. Monday night I went to boxing, and it was good. I'm feeling it more in my middle back than anywhere else, but I'm happy to get some good muscles happening there. My skipping is also improving out of sight, and that's an awesome cardio workout.

Tuesday morning was the circuit, which was ok without anything fabulous to report. Last night was a 10 minute cardio warm up, then the pump class. I upped my weights last night, hence the soreness today I suspect. Weights last night were 15lb for warm up, biceps, and triceps; 10lb for shoulders and lunges; 25lb for squats; 20lb for chest and back.

My HRM is showing really low and pathetic calorie burns at the moment. So I hate it. I've worked out that this has happened since I did the fitness test thing on the weekend. It came in at a really low value which I thought was weird at the time - my fitness isn't brilliant yet, but it isn't awful either. I had my exercise level set to moderate when it should be high, and I did the test sitting up and with some distractions happening, so I think I need to do it again and see if that fixes the problem. If it doesn't I think I'm going to throw the stupid thing from here to next week - it's certainly not acting as a motivator with what it's spitting out at the moment.

OK enough complaining from me. I'll be back to whinge again soon - it seems to be my mood of the moment, apologies for that.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I have to tell you... if you were unfit, then the calorie burns would be higher... So no idea what it's doing.
    What model do you have? I don't think I've ever really looked that hard to find the fitness test on mine?

    Just reset it and start again.

    I had a shit fit at mine once, Superman used it and had it set up for him and didn't change it back.... I thought I was the king of the world burning 1200cal at swim training! Erm, nope.
    Only 700. Change the settings, knob!! (me, not you).

    Oh. And my boss is married. With two kids.
    You know, from the other day. Which makes him a bit of a sleaze, but a totally hot one all the same. Whatevers.

    And whinge away. Hell, I do. I am waiting for an "angry" post, cos I've got a lot of shit I've got to get out atm.... lol.

    ReplyDelete