Hello and Welcome!

I am, and always have been, a notoriously bad blogger. But I'm back to give it another try, one more time.

I seem to have rediscovered my "pep" in recent times, and I'm ready to try some new things, and get back into the things that matter to me... at this stage, this chiefly involves getting fit and losing weight (again!)

Monday, November 1, 2010

Working from home

I'm working from home today. I have been very much looking forward to this, just a day out of the office and the stream of people at the door asking damn fool questions that they could answer themselves if they actually stopped and thought for a minute. A day of getting up and dressing in trackies and a jumper. Not sure how much work is going to get done here, but hey, we'll see how we go.

There is actually a reason for working from home - my roller shutters are going up today, hooray! Mind you it does sound a little like a construction site here, so concentration may not be at its optimal level for the day. Someone is currently drilling a hole in my brick wall, lovely sounds.

So what's been happening since my last confession (I mean, blog)? Well, there was the weekend, and that in truth is a confession rather than a blog. I skipped the gym on Saturday, but I'm ok with that. I was tired and sore, and mentally just a bit run down after a big week. I was awake early on Saturday, but I stayed in bed and read for a while, and pottered about the house for half the day, not really achieving a whole lot but getting some peace and sanity back. I went up to the shops for a couple of hours and picked up a few bits and pieces. It's time to start looking for Christmas presents already, so there will be plenty of mindless shop wandering in my future I fear. On the whole Saturday was ok, a bit slothful, but therapeutic nonetheless.

Sunday was not so therapeutic. I had planned a run, which didn't happen. I had not planned to eat half the ingredients of my baking, which did happen. Yep, seriously not ideal, but I've come to terms with it and moved on. I did exhibit some binging behaviour, which is always a worry with where I've been in the last couple of years. But I did it pretty mindfully, and I reigned it in at a single "meal", and didn't keep on for the whole day (or week, or month...) It did bring to the forefront something that I really still need to work on though - I eat to finish things. I've half eaten that packet, so I might as well finish it off. I've started now, I might as well keep going. That is not a healthy view on things, and I need to work on strategies to mitigate this behaviour. I have read blogs where people have put dishwashing liquid on food they might be tempted to eat before throwing it in the bin. That's a possibility!

Anyway, moving on. Monday yesterday, and the beginning of a new week of damn early mornings. It started with boot camp, which is really starting to fire up now, which is good. I'm not sure I much appreciated the bare foot running component of the session, given it was 5 degrees at the time... but we all lived through it with no frostbite involved. There were lots of squats, lunges and push ups and other little drills to keep us occupied. No situps and that type of thing, seeing as the ground was really wet. I'm sure that joy will be waiting for us later in the week.

On to Monday night, where I very nearly managed to talk myself out of going to boxing, but eventually sucked it up and went anyway. I'm really starting to enjoy these sessions - they're not big calorie burners (I guess because you spend a bit of time holding mits and bags for other people), but they're really varied and interesting. My skipping is improving a lot, and the ability to punch the crap out a bag and imagine annoying people's faces on the bag at the time is quite an enjoyable experience.

The boxing session finished at 8.10, and I realised I had left my phone at work, which really p'd me off. Normally I would have left it, but as I'm not at work today (and I don't have a home phone for people to contact me), I had to go back in and get it. Bloody annoying. So I didn't get home til close to 9, and just raided the fridge for the easiest thing I could get my hands on. Left over roast pork, and fresh pineapple. Weird meal, but it works. I stayed up pretty late, watching crap on tv and flicking around on the net, so there was no early start for me today. I will try to get out for a run in the late arvo though.

On a final point, I got on the scales this morning. A most pleasing 90.8kg greeted me, so 4.5kg down in the last month. I should be able to smash the 90 by the time we head to Bali in 18 days, will probably look to maintain for the 10 days away, and then get back into it on my return. Bring on the 80's (and 70's... but one step at a time).

No comments:

Post a Comment